TroubleshootingWhat browsers are supported by Ebates?
What if store links are not working?
Is there any software or settings that can keep me from earning Cash Back?
How can I ensure Cash Back Shopping with AdBlock or Adblock Plus installed?
What browsers are supported by Ebates?For Windows XP, Vista and 7 users, Ebates Canada is best viewed in Internet Explorer 7 or higher, Firefox 3.5 or higher, Safari 4 or higher, and Chrome 6 or higher. For Macintosh OSX users, Ebates is best viewed in Firefox 3.5 or higher, Chrome 6 or higher and Safari 4 or higher. If you are having trouble logging in and using Ebates, you may need to adjust your browser settings. Click here for details: browser settings. Note that you can now view Ebates Canada on your iPad or tablet!
What if store links are not working?Some programs that you may have installed can update the "Hosts" file of your computer. This may cause problems with the Ebates program. Click here to get information on how to update your host file.
Is there any software or settings that can keep me from earning Cash Back?Yes, there are a few things you need to look out for:
1. Security software, such as Kaspersky or other protection software, may block the tracking "cookies" Ebates uses to earn credit for your order. If you are using this type of software you will need to ensure that it is set up to allow cookies from Ebates and our partner sites. Similarly, if you are using a firewall such as Zone Alarm, Norton Internet Security or another Firewall, then you need to keep the "Ad Blocking" turned off.
2. Some shopping toolbars can redirect the credit to another web site, keeping you from earning Cash Back from Ebates. If you have any toolbars installed you may need to check and see if they are linked to any other shopping rewards or coupon sites.
3. The use of a browser that does not allow the creation of cookies. Ebates highly recommends the use of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari. Due to the number of third party browsers available we cannot verify that that any outside of the ones mentioned will work properly with the Ebates program.
4. Using a browser's "Private Browsing" feature at any point in the shopping process can render you purchase ineligible for Cash Back.
5. Lastly, there are spyware or adware programs which can cause your online shopping to be reported as having come from another web site. There are many free detection, removal and protection programs you can download online to protect you from and check for spyware or adware.
How can I ensure Cash Back Shopping with AdBlock or Adblock Plus installed?Members with AdBlock or Adblock Plus installed may experience issues receiving Cash Back. In order to ensure that you are properly credited for Cash Back for every online purchase, please add or subscribe to the Ebates Cash Back Shopping filter list. This will allow proper tracking of Ebates shopping trips to affiliate network sites.
AdBlock users: Click to enable Cash Back Shopping Members with AdBlock or AdBlock Plus installed may experience issues receiving Cash Back.
Internet Explorer Users: In order to ensure that you are properly credited for Cash Back for every online purchase, please temporarily disable AdBlock or Adblock Plus during your shopping trips.