Working at EbatesThank you for your interest in joining Ebates Canada. We are always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way Canadians shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention Cash Back on every purchase, with no strings attached.
Ebates Canada is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We are a subsidiary of Performance Marketing Brands based in San Francisco, California and backed by leading venture capitalists August Capital, Canaan Partners, and Foundation Capital. The following is a list of positions for which we are actively recruiting, but we are always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops. You can email us your resume at email@example.com Or apply for a specific position below.
Multimedia Designer – Toronto, Ontario
Job Duties:* Provide creative concepts, design comps and optimized design assets to the marketing team to support internal and external marketing/advertising initiatives.
* Provide web site design mock-ups to guide the direction of the product development team for upcoming enhancements and changes to the website for desktop, mobile, the app (iOS and android), the browser extension and emails.
* Take product descriptions and functionality definitions and develop new interface designs to reflect functional changes. Provide many alternative designs, present for discussion, and provide ongoing iterations until final designs are agreed upon and provided to engineering.
* Provide design specifications to engineering, collaborate until final designs are in production and accurately reflect design vision.
* Participate in brainstorming and creative synthesis.
* Provide leadership related to usability and navigation, as well as ensure consistent brand and style in creating digital experiences in both French and English.
* Collaborate and communicate with marketing and web dev teams; be prepared to present your work.
* Create wireframes, user flow documents.
* Come up with innovative, extreme, executable new ideas, improvements and designs that we haven’t even thought of – while still maintaining day to day design requests.
* Responsible for managing stock imagery accounts and managing monthly budget for creative expenses.
* Estimate costs of materials and time to complete graphic designs and illustrations.
* Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements.
* Coordinate all aspects of production for print, audio-visual or electronic materials.
* Consult with clients to establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials.
* Use existing photo and illustration banks and typography guides; adapt existing illustrations.
* Determine the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication.
* Develop the graphic elements that meet the clients’ objectives.
* Produce 2D and 3D animated drawings or computer illustrations.
* Establish guidelines for illustrators or photographers.
* Also responsible for other duties and projects as assigned by management as needed.
Skill Requirements:Education requirement: BFA/BS/BA from a design program.
Required work experience: 2-3 years as a professional designer in software, web or mobile design.
Other required skills:
* Expert level in Photoshop, Illustrator and inDesign.
* Experience using Invision, Adobe Suite and MS Office.
* Experience selecting and purchasing stock imagery.
* Bilingual fluency in French and English to assist with creating French language app, website, marketing and advertising assets and materials, ensuring brand consistency and style in French language.
* Extensive prior print design experience in order to design and prep files for printing (advertising and marketing materials such as direct mail pieces, gift packs, VIP mailers, etc.)
* Demonstrated experience designing visual interfaces for mobile web, apps (iOS and android), browser extensions, desktop web site, and marketing emails.
* Ability to identify and address technical problems as they relate to visual design.
* Experience executing clean, tight, and exciting designs on small screens (tablets, mobile devices, etc.) a plus.
* Knowledge of video production is a plus.
* Writing (marketing copy) ability is preferred, but not necessary.
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and attention to detail.
* Experience in a high growth start-up environment an asset.
* Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, fast-paced, corporate environment, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
* Takes initiative, team player with effective interpersonal skills.
* Ability to distinguish between colours.
* Strong preference given to candidates with experience in and tons of passion for online shopping in Canada.
* Candidate to provide high quality examples of creative work via a portfolio and/or your own website(s).
Additional Information:Terms of Employment: Permanent, full-time salaried position, 40 hours per week, Start date: as soon as possible.
Base wage: $55,000 - $65,000 CAD; Annual bonus opportunity based on performance.
Other Benefits: Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Other benefits
Business Address and Location of Work: 90 Eglinton Ave East, Suite 805, Toronto, ON M4P 2Y3 (non-smoking, air conditioned)
Please apply by sending an email with your resume and "Multimedia Designer" in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job