Working at EbatesThank you for your interest in joining Ebates Canada. We are always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way Canadians shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention Cash Back on every purchase, with no strings attached.
Ebates Canada is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We are a subsidiary of Performance Marketing Brands based in San Francisco, California and backed by leading venture capitalists August Capital, Canaan Partners, and Foundation Capital. The following is a list of positions for which we are actively recruiting, but we are always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops. You can email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org Or apply for a specific position below.
Start date: May 1, 2017
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Ebates Inc. owns and operates the world's most rewarding shopping programs - Ebates.com, Ebates.ca, Ebates.ru, Ebates.kr, and Ebates.cn (the global leader in online cash back shopping), and FatWallet.com (the preferred online resource for savvy consumers). Ebates Inc. is a Rakuten company.
We are looking for an individual to work with our Lead Full-Stack Web Developer to add new features and improve the Ebates.ca user experience. The position will be working on web development for Ebates Canada (Ebates.ca) which is a consumer-focused, live, high traffic website. Work will include creating new pages, adding features, investigating and fixing existing problems, improving the code base and writing tests. You will also be responsible for supporting and creating new pages and applications for the existing web sites and infrastructure, as well as implementing new technologies in the front end as they become available on the back end platform.
- Work with the Lead Web Developer to assist with running a live high traffic website with 99.9% availability
- Investigate errors/bugs in code and fix them
- Implement new functionality according to the proposed plan by senior team members
- Fix display issues on the site, create landing pages for marketing team
- Add test cases and suggest new methods for automation
- Suggest new technologies and ways to improve user experience
- Must have completed a minimum of 2 years of a bachelors degree in Computer Science
- Must have proven experience in web development
- Familiar with responsive design, mobile optimized webpages, AJAX
- Working knowledge of java, j2ee, mvc frameworks and spring mvc
- Experience writing jUnit test cases or other testing framework
- Able to work in a team, open to suggestions, quick learner,
- Basic knowledge of databases SQL, Linux command line, jira JIRA and source control
- Knowledge of or experience with of Agile / SCRUM methodologies
Additional Information:Please note that only those applicants who qualify will be contacted. Only applicants who are currently legally able to work in Canada and are currently enrolled in a university level Computer Science degree program need apply
Please apply by sending an email with your resume and "Junior Web Developer - Intern" in the subject line, to email@example.com
Apply for this job