- All Stores▼
- 2X Cash Back
- Coupons ▼
- Gift Card Shop
- How it Works ▼
- Refer & Earn $50!
- My Account
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The #CashBackCrazy: Splash Edition (the “Contest”) is governed by these Official Rules, Terms and Conditions (collectively the “Official Rules”). The words “you,” “your,” and “entrant” as used herein refer to the natural person entering the Contest. The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and territorial laws and regulations.
1. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Ebates Canada, Inc., 90 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 805, Toronto, Ontario, M4P 2Y3 (the “Sponsor” or “ Ebates”).
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to natural persons who are legal residents of Canada who are over the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside at the time of entry. The Contest is open only to holders of an Ebates account. Establishing an Ebates account is free. Employees, representatives and agents of Ebates Canada, Inc., its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate families (defined as parents, children, spouse, life partners, or siblings and their respective spouses or life partners, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws, rules and regulations.
3. Contest Period: The Contest begins on April 1, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. (“ Start Date”) Eastern Standard Time (“EST ”) and ends June 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST (“End Date”) according to Sponsor’s time clock (the “Contest Period”). Entries received prior to or after the Contest Period will be disqualified.
4. How to Enter the Contest: You must have an Ebates.ca account and visit the Blog located at www.ebates.ca/blog/cashbackcrazy-splash and follow the entry instructions for completing an entry webform. All entries must be received by the End Date according to Sponsor's time clock.
5. Entries: Limit twenty (20) entries per entrant per day during the Contest Period. Incomplete, late, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Any attempt by any entrant to submit more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of the entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified from the Contest. Entrants attempting in any way to tamper with the fair play of the Contest or exceed the entry limit will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Contest entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the Ebates account is registered. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
6. Odds : Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification of Potential Winner: Eight (8) potential winners will be selected on July 6, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. EST in a random draw conducted by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received prior to that Daily Period (each a “Potential Winner”). The draw will be conducted at 90 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 805, Toronto, Ontario, M4P 2Y3. The Potential Winners will be notified by email or telephone, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, using the information provided at the time of entry. Before being declared a winner, Potential Winners must correctly answer, without assistance, a timed mathematical skill-testing question in order to be eligible to receive a prize. Potential Winners will be required to respond (as directed) within seven (7) calendar days of attempted notification. The failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, or to respond to the notification within the stipulated time frame, may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Sponsor will make up to three (3) attempts to randomly select an alternate Potential Winner from among the remaining eligible entries. Potential Winners will be required to execute and return a declaration of eligibility and liability / publicity release (“ Release”) within five (5) calendar days from the date of notification. An alternate Potential Winner may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if Potential Winner (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to prove eligibility; (iii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and/or return any documents or information required by Sponsor in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iv) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason.
8. Prize: There are eight (8) prizes to be won, and each shall be comprised of a CDN $500 cash bonus to be deposited in the winner’s Ebates.ca account. Prizes must be accepted as awarded; no substitutions will be provided by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any element of a prize if it cannot be awarded as described for any reason. In no event shall Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in the Official Rules. The combined approximate retail value of all prizes is CDN $4,000.
10. General Conditions: By participating, entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. Subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “ Régie”) with respect to residents of the Province of Quebec, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Sponsor’s website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including, without limitation, legal fees and disbursements) and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law including, criminal prosecution. Entrants may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Subject only to the approval of the Régie with respect to residents of Province of Quebec, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the Potential Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill, as it deems appropriate or necessary to comply with applicable law. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner may be required to return to Sponsor his/her prize, or the cash value thereof.
11. Limitations of Liability: Potential Winners agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “ Released Parties”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, legal fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, or (ii) participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, delayed, garbled or damaged communications, Releases or mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest, using the Ebates website or downloading materials from the Ebates website. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
12. Disputes: For the residents of the Province of Québec only , any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
13. Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
14. Result: For the results of the Contest, please contact us at the address set forth above after July 13, 2018.
© 2018 Ebates Inc. All rights reserved.