Mothers. Would we be anywhere without them? 💕
Our recent gift-giving survey showed that mothers want something that is practical, unique, or both. Gifts preferred include time with family (32%), going out for a meal (27%) and, of course, gift cards (13%).
To celebrate these fearless, ferocious, and fantastic women, we’ve put together a little list to help you with those last-minute gift ideas for mother (or yourself!) 🎁
3. Gift cards are a great way to show your mom a little love. Make it a date and offer to take her shopping with the gift card. Ebates offers a huge selection at our Gift Card Shop. The best part about gift cards is that you can choose to get a physical gift card, print it, or simply use your mobile to redeem.
4. If your mom wants to break bread to celebrate her day, we’ve got you covered. From Swiss Chalet (a family favourite!) to The Keg and everything in between, treat your mom to a meal with the family.
5. Moms need some R&R. The best way to send her some relaxation is with a day at the spa. Treat her to Wayspa or SpaWeek. Or make a custom at-home-spa-package from some of her favourite personal care items: BeautyBOUTIQUE by Shoppers Drug Mart, The Body Shop, Crabtree & Evelyn, Sephora, Aveda and much more.
*Pro Tip: You don’t have to break the bank on Mother’s Day gifts! Even a small item, card, homemade gift or nice gesture for Maman is always appreciated! Who can say no to breakfast in bed or a full round-up of chores complete?!
6. Wine, anyone? If your mom likes wine, give her some vino. My Wine Canada offers Wine of the Month Club, gift certificates, tastings, and more. Send her favourite grapes or a sampling of what’s new and exciting in the wide world of wine.
7. Mother’s Day is all about the bond you and your mom share. Giving a personalized gift can mean as much as anything else. Personalization Mall lets you send memories to mom, from pots, canvas prints, albums, mugs, t-shirts, blankets, pillows, door mats, and a lot of other fun things. There’s always Etsy for a beautiful selection of handmade and unique gifts (we love to find shops from Canada too!).
8. If you’re in the market for a more experiential gift, why not go on a vacation with mom? Or send your parents as a combined Mother’s Day and Father’s Day gift! With travel deals from sites like Expedia, Hotels.com, KLM, Ramada, Priceline and much (MUCH) more, you’ll be sure to find a trip to suit any budget and any destination. Check out our Travel & Vacations section for all the deals.
9. Luxury is mom’s thing? No problem. Check out the hottest fashion luxury trends from partners like Neiman Marcus, Swarovski, Links of London, and the list goes on. Whether she’s all about luxury shoes, handbags or beauty, we have over 150 stores for you to shop your heart out and splurge on Mama Dearest!