Working at EbatesThank you for your interest in joining Ebates Canada. We are always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way Canadians shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention Cash Back on every purchase, with no strings attached.
Ebates Canada is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We are a subsidiary of Performance Marketing Brands based in San Francisco, California and backed by leading venture capitalists August Capital, Canaan Partners, and Foundation Capital. The following is a list of positions for which we are actively recruiting, but we are always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops. You can email us your resume at email@example.com Or apply for a specific position below.
Product Manager - San Francisco, CAAs Product Manager, you will be responsible for market need analysis, requirements gathering and releasing planning of products and services. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and feedback from colleagues and customers. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time breaking down complex problems and design innovative solutions for the company.
Key Responsibilities :* Managing of new product and services life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
* Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning
* Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
Requirements:* 3+ years of software marketing/product management experience
* Knowledgeable in technology
* Ability to write clear market-driven product requirements
* Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus
* Certification and experience in agile software development
Apply for this job
Java Engineer - San Francisco, CA
Qualifications :* 3+ years of solid Java back-end experience
* Strong knowledge of design patterns, OOPS principles and data structures
* Strong knowledge of at least some of the following apache frameworks - Hibernate, Spring, Camel, ServiceMix, ActiveMQ
* Experience building web applications with RAD tools, tomcat
* Experience with SOA - REST preferred
* Working knowledge of XML and JSON
* Scripting experience
* Experience with Relational databases, queries and RDBMS best practices as a consumer
* Should be very capable of troubleshooting applications
* Awareness for designing for performance and scalability
* Bachelors degree in Computer science or a related field
Apply for this job
Junior Designer - San Francisco, CAResponsibilities include translation of business requirements and wireframes into stunning visual experiences, creation and maintenance of style guides, preparation and delivery of visual assets for website promotions, and close interaction with development team to ensure proper implementation of design specs. Most of your time will be taken up creating graphics in Photoshop and Illustrator.
* In office in San Francisco
* Must be Photoshop and Illustrator expert - and be able to use InDesign, Fireworks and Flash
* This is creative production work
* Looking for people that can start either immediately or very soon
* Full benefits and stock
Qualifications :* 3-5+ years as a professional designer in software or web design, mobile design, etc.
* You must be very, very experienced in Photoshop and Illustrator and at least moderately experienced with Flash.
* You must be able to provide stellar examples of creative via a portfolio or your own website(s).
* Possesses a thorough understanding of visual interface design and expert knowledge in web design. Possesses strong screen design skills.
* Print experience a big plus.
* Ability to identify and address technical problems as they relate to visual design.
* Previous mobile design experience a plus.
* Experience executing clean, tight, and exciting designs on small screens (tablets, mobile devices, etc.) a plus.
* Knowledge of video production is a plus.
* Demonstrated knowledge of social media a big plus. If you have a blog, that’s nice too. If you can create company pages on Facebook, also great. Do you Tweet? We do.
* You do not have to know how to code, not even HTML. Though it’s great if you do.
* Drawing ability is preferred, but not necessary.
* Writing (marketing copy) ability is preferred, but not necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities :* Support the design team by providing design comps and optimized design assets.
* Provide designs to guide the direction to the team for the visual creative.
* Participate in brainstorming and creative synthesis.
* You should have a firm grasp of topics like usability and navigation, as well as understanding the role of a brand and a styles in creating digital experiences.
* Collaboration and communication skills must be top-notch. You should expect to be presenting your work.
* If you know how to create wireframes, that’s a plus.
* Also responsible for other duties and projects as assigned by management as needed.
* Come up with crazy, great, doable new ideas, improvements and designs that we haven’t even thought of.
EducationBFA/BS/BA from a design program preferred.
Apply for this job